Research project plan submission for the 19th International EAUN Meeting, Copenhagen, Denmark, 17-19 March 2018, is open from 1 July 2017 until 1 December 2017.
Detailed information on the EAUN Nursing Research Competition
Eligible participants have to comply with the following rules:
- Only EAUN Members can submit a research project
- The project has not started at the time of submission
- The research and the presentation have to be done by a nurse
- The topic selected must be of relevance to urologic nursing
- The results of the prize-winning research project will be published in European Urology Today and on the EAUN website and the winner is invited to submit an abstract for the next International EAUN Meeting.
Criteria EAUN Research Project Plan
- Introduction, summary:
– Importance of the problem
– Summary of the proposed research project, closing with your objectives and the rationale.
– Overall goal
– Specific objectives
- Short literature review; summary of the present knowledge
- Relevance to urology nursing, justify the importance of the study
– Type of study design and a short justification for choosing this design, including limitations
– Study procedures
– Study population (target population): inclusion criteria, exclusion criteria
– Outcome measures
– Statistical analysis
– Sample size
- Feasibility (be realistic!)
– Budget: what are you going to use the EAUN budget for, and where will you find more funding (if needed) to complete your project?
You must be able to convince the jury that your project is the most important, and in what way urologic nursing will benefit from it.
State the most relevant references to underline the importance of your project.
- State any possible conflicts of interest.
Consider the following guidelines before you begin your research protocol:
- Is your research question clear and why does it matter?
- How will you address this question? (i.e. what methods will you use?)
- How important is this activity to urologic nursing?
- Are your research methods appropriate?
Your research project has to be presented as a project plan (see rules and criteria) and hospital names and addresses, cities and country names should not be mentioned except in the submission form or in the first paragraph of the document.
1 December 2017, 0.00 hours CET
Research Plan Submission Form Copenhagen
The research project plans can only be submitted per e-mail. Send your complete plan with the Submission form as a Word file to eaun(at)uroweb.org, starting with the names of the authors and contact details of the first author, before 1 December 2017.
The prize for a the Best EAUN Nursing Research Project is € 2,500.
The prize winner has to be present at the award session on Monday to accept their prize.
Submitters that are invited to present in Copenhagen will receive 6 standard slides in January 2018 with the following titles: Aims & objectives, Research question, Population, Material & Methods, Expected outcome, Literature search strategy. All presenters are obliged to use these slides in their presentation in order to improve the comparability of the presentations and the research protocols for the audience and jury.
To inspire and help you previously submitted plans can be viewed at the EAUN website.
For more information please contact Ms. Hanneke Lurvink