The European Association of Urology is a scientific urological association with currently well over 16,000 members. Members are medical professionals working in the urological field or related medical specialties. As an organization, the EAU offer an extensive package of products and services relating to science, education and publications to their members. Almost all of the logistics related to these activities are concentrated in a Central Office, based in Arnhem, The Netherlands. For the Financial Department the Central Office is in search of a
Financial / Project Controller m/v
In this position you will work within different kind of projects and departments involved in the organization of meetings/congresses and other activities for the European Association of Urology (EAU). The Financial/Project Controller is mainly responsible for the realization of a trustworthy and reliable financial administration and reports. The Financial/Project Controller reports to and the Executive Manager Business Affairs and works closely together with the Manager Finance & Control Financial assistants.
The ideal candidate for this position is proactive and notices imperfections and inefficiencies in project or department budgets and initializes improvements.
The Financial/Project Controller is responsible for:
- Setting up budgets with the (Project) Manager
- Providing budget analyses
- Checking invoices and monitoring expiration dates of invoices regarding debtors and creditors
- Monitoring realisation of budgets
- Noticing inefficiencies and providing feedback to the project team or department
- Maintaining an accurate and timely financial administration and providing financial information and analysis
- Checking received fees, reimbursements and corrections
- Initializing proposals for improvement of financial processes
Relevant education, knowledge and experience
For this interesting and challenging position we are in search of a candidate with:
- A graduation in HBO/WO education (or comparable) for example in Finance or Business Administration
- 3-5 Years of experience in similar position
- Experience within the event organizing business
- Experience with the financial software of Unit4 is a big plus
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in both English and Dutch
The ideal candidate has excellent communications skills, is accurate, convincing and has strong analytical skills. The EAU expects a flexible and proactive work attitude.
Terms of employment
Within the EAU Central Office, ample opportunities exist for personal and professional growth. Attractive salary package of € 2.600,- to € 3.974 gross a month, depending on years of experience and age, including an 80% employer pension contribution, collective insurance and a very interesting position in an informal and international working environment.
How to apply
Please contact Mr. Maurice Schlief, Executive Manager Business Affairs, for more information at 026 3890680. You can send your application letter and CV to hrm(at)uroweb.org attn. S. Gerritsen, Manager HR. Best before 9 February 2015.
An assessment (case) can be part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition upon reading this ad will not be appreciated.