Important instructions for poster presentations
Please be aware that it’s mandatory that the submitter prepares a poster of the abstract according to the instructions for posters when the abstract is selected for presentation.
Four prizes will be given to the best Poster presentations. The first prize is awarded with 500€ and 250€ for the second prize for each category (Best Scientific Poster Presentation & Best Practice-development Poster Presentation). Prize winners have to be present at the award session on Monday (or send a representative) to accept their prize. If they are not present, the prize will be accepted on their behalf by a Scientific Committee member.
There are no prizes attached to presentation in the Expert-guided Poster Tour.
- Poster viewing; presenter should remain near his/her poster (30 minutes)
- Introduction by chairmen (4 minutes)
- Presentations (6 minutes for presentation and 2 minutes for discussion per presenter)
A poster session is an interactive discussion. During the poster viewing, at the beginning of the session, groups gather at the various posters and move from one to the next, discussing their findings with the authors. This permits a one-to-one exchange of ideas. After the poster viewing, the poster presenters will give a short (6 minutes) presentation of their abstract using max. 6 slides (including title and Conflict of Interest slide) followed by an interactive discussion (2 minutes).
- The session chairs will visit each poster one by one.
- The presenter states his/her Conflict of Interest and then presents his/her poster in 2 minutes during the poster viewing. Slides are not required for this Poster Tour.
- The session chairs discusses the content with the author during 2 minutes. The audience can pose questions and add to the discussion on what is presented.
The presenters do not have to present slides on stage.
Allocation of timeslot
Date, time and place of your presentation are listed in the Scientific Programme online and in the Congress App.
Mounting your poster
You will be responsible for mounting your poster on the assigned poster board in the EAUN poster boards area with the available push pins 15 min. prior to the start of the session. The presenter must attend the whole poster session in which he/she is scheduled.
Conflict of Interest
Any funding and/or links to the industry have to be declared on the poster and in the poster presentation.
EAUN Poster Builder Service
To ensure that the PDF file is of a high quality you can create your poster (date t.b.a.) through the EAUN online Poster Builder Service. The PosterSessionOnline company will print your poster. This way you do not need to bring your poster to the congress venue! IMPORTANT: if you choose not to use the EAUN Poster Builder Service the EAUN will not print a poster for you. You need to bring your own poster to the congress.
Creating a high quality poster
To make sure your poster is of high quality and meets all requirements please check the more detailed instructions below and the EAUN Poster Building Tools.
- DO make your poster in a LANDSCAPE (horizontal) format
- DO indicate at the top of your poster the abstract number, title of the presentation and its authors and institutions. The lettering for this sign should be at least 2.5 cm high
- DO make all illustrations beforehand. Keep illustrative material simple in using charts, graphs, drawings and pictures. Keep in mind that your illustrations must be read from a distance of about 1 – 1.5 m or more.
- DO NOT make your poster in a PORTRAIT (vertical) format
PDF of the poster
Your poster will be posted online. For this reason we need to receive a PDF file of your poster prior to: t.b.a.
Presenters should upload their poster and their slides through the EAU faculty website.
Poster presenters that have been invited for one of the 2 Poster Sessions (Scientific or Practice-development Poster) will give a short presentation of their abstract using max. 6 slides (including title and Conflict of Interest). You are requested to download the EAUN20 slides from the EAU(N) faculty website (“Compulsory PowerPoint Template” in menu on the right).
Presenters should upload their finished slides through the EAU(N) faculty website (dates t.b.a.). This will enable the chairs to prepare for the session.
Presenters in the Expert-guided Poster Tour do not have to create or upload slides.