The European Association of Urology is a scientific urological association with currently well over 14,000 members. Members are medical professionals working in the urological field or related medical specialties. As an organization, the EAU offers an extensive package of products and services through science, education and research to their members. The logistics related to these activities are concentrated in Arnhem, The Netherlands.
The EAU now has a vacancy for an enthusiastic and accomplished:
32-40 hrs a week
The Web Master is responsible for updating content on the websites and for providing reports about the websites statistics to managers within the EAU Central Office, weekly and monthly. The Web Master also sends out email newsletters and coordinates and manages our presence on social media. The Web Master works co-operatively with the Online Content Manager, the Marketing & Communications staff and reports to the Manager Marketing & Communications.
The Webmaster joining the EAU is responsible for:
• Updating, adding and editing all the content on the EAU website in cooperation with the online content manager
• Monitoring user trends (internal and external), reporting analytics and providing monthly statistics (Awstats)
• Modification of EAU Newsletter
• Social media development and management
• Multi-media production
• Web design new websites A/B testing (website/mailings)
• Providing support on the use of the CMS
• Search engine optimisation
• Actively monitoring the proper functioning of all EAU websites, and reporting any errors to relevant personnel
• Actively monitoring and reporting about the EAU’s presence on the internet in relation to “competitive” sites, and seeking ways to improve the EAU’s traffic rating and search engine ranking
• Providing and interpreting relevant input concerning web user behavior and/or web user profiles
• Execute web campaigns
Job characteristics & requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Informatics
• Demonstrated experience (1-3 years) in a position of webmaster
• Proven skilled and proficient in development and management of social media tools/campaigns
• Knowledge of content management systems (e.g. Typo3)
• Familiar with MS Office applications especially Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint and
• Relevant courses and training:SEO/SEA, Google Analytics, Google Adwords
(e.g. Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Flash)
• Knowledge of search engine marketing, statistics and analytics
• Excellent writing and speaking skills in both English and Dutch
• Furthermore you are accurate, quality- and customer oriented, solution driven and stress proof
Terms of employment
This is a fulltime position with an indication of salary between 2.000 – 2.800 euros gross a month. Within the organisation, ample opportunities exist for personal and professional growth. We offer a year contract with an attractive salary package including and 80% employer pension contribution, collective insurance and a very interesting position in an informal and international working environment.
For more information please contact Mrs. Jarka Bloemberg, Manager Marketing & Communications,
T 026 3890680. Please mail your letter of application and CV to hrm(at)uroweb.org attn. Sanne Gerritsen, Manager Human Resources, before 4 October 2014.
Responses by employment agencies are not appreciated