Milan will host the 23rd International EAUN meeting (EAUN23) from 11 to 13 March 2023. As part of the EAUN’s objective to provide top-quality updates, we, the members of the Scientific Congress Office, have prepared an exciting, interesting, and highly educational programme. We are delighted to welcome you especially as we emerge from a very difficult period for all healthcare workers.
Key learning objectives
The following learning objectives will be achieved through our innovative scientific programme covering oncological and benign subjects, special interest group sessions, hands-on training sessions, and on-site hospital visits:
- Review emerging evidence, innovative techniques and scientific advances relevant to the field of urological nursing;
- Examine the latest data and emerging trends from studies in clinical and translational research relevant to nursing and urological care generally;
- Enhance their know-how of evidence-based approaches to the management of urological disease;
- Acquire new knowledge on emerging diagnostic and risk-assessment strategies in the management of urological disease;
- Gain exposure to new developments in evidence-informed, multi-professional urological care including medical technology, drug therapy, medical devices, and cutting-edge technology.
Scientific programme highlights
The pandemic changed how we think about and deliver healthcare. On Saturday, 11 March 2023, we have an interesting thematic session on the implementation of virtual clinics for patients with prostate cancer.
In keeping with our ever changing and expanding roles, on Sunday, 12 March 2023, we have a state-of-the-art lecture on how extended roles in urology nursing are supported by legislation. On the same day, we will have Ronny Pieters Award winner and Co-Chair of the Educational Framework for Urological Nursing (EFUN), Jerome Marley discussing where we are and where we are going with EFUN. In addition, we will have a thematic session on the conditions of the penis including the impact of penile prosthesis on sexuality. As a follow up on the topic, on Monday, 13 March 2023, we will have a plenary session on enhancing sexual function in men and women including what we need to know about Chemsex.
On Saturday as well, the Continence Special Interest Group will hold a thematic session on troubleshooting in continence care. To complement this topic, there will be a state-of-the-art lecture “BABCON – Developing and integrated model of care for continence issues” on Monday.
At EAUN23, there will be poster presentations on research studies, problem-solving efforts and innovative programmes in urology, as well as, the popular hospital visits! We are pleased to announce that the IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital in Milan agreed to organise two visits for delegates on Friday, 10 March. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. You can register through the online system, or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The programme might be packed, we hope that everyone will make time for essential networking, professional and social!
For a comprehensive overview of the full programme, please visit www.eaun23.org.
Register with the best rates! Sign up before 16 January 2023 to enjoy the discounted early bird fees!