Dear EAUN members,
The growing evidence in urology nursing care is amazing!
With this column, the EAUN SIG Groups want to put the spotlight on recent publications in their field of interest. This month’s articles on prostate cancer have been carefully chosen because of the scientific value and represent different methods and approaches in research and development in urological nursing care.
We hope this initiative will have your attention and continuously provide information on “spot-on” urological nursing care. If you would like to inform us and your colleagues about new initiatives or exiting developments in one of the special interest fields you can contact us using the email address below.
Chair, EAUN Special Interest Group – Prostate Cancer
Selected from Scientific Databases
- Sevgi Çolak RN, PhD, Fatma Vural RN, PhD. Effect of nurse-led interventions on patient outcomes in patients with prostate cancer: A systematic review. Urological nursing volume 16 issue 2; July 2022. https://doi.org/10.1111/ijun.12310
- Bulten, W., Kartasalo, K., Chen, PH.C. et al. Artificial intelligence for diagnosis and Gleason grading of prostate cancer: the PANDA challenge. Nat Med 28, 154–163 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41591-021-01620-2
- Oskar Bergengren, Helena Kaihola, Ann-Charlotte Borgefeldt, Eva Johansson, Hans Garmo, Anna Bill-Axelson/ Satisfaction with Nurse-led Follow-up in Prostate Cancer Patients—A Nationwide Population-based Study. European Urology Open Science, Volume 38, 02.2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euros.2022.01.009
- Visser, W.C.H., de Jong, H., Steyaert, S. et al. Clinical use of the mRNA urinary biomarker SelectMDx test for prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis; 07.2022. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41391-022-00562-1
- Huynh, N.T.T., Fan, SY. & Kao, CY. Nurse-led educational interventions for anxiety management in cancer survivors: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Support care in cancer Volume 30; 05.2022. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00520-022-07085-4
- G Koch, L Winkler, N Johnsen. Patient Perspectives of the Implementation of a Prostate Cancer Survivorship Clinic: A Pilot Qualitative Analysis. The Journal of Sexual Medicine, Volume 19, Issue 4, Supplement 1, 04.2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsxm.2022.01.110
- Mottaghipisheh, J.; Doustimotlagh, A.H.; Irajie, C.; Tanideh, N.; Barzegar, A.; Iraji, A. The Promising Therapeutic and Preventive Properties of Anthocyanidins/Anthocyanins on Prostate Cancer. Cells; 11.2022. https://doi.org/10.3390/cells11071070
- Bertoncelli Tanaka M, Sahota K, Burn J, Falconer A, Winkler M, Ahmed HU, Rashid TG; Gender Research Collaborative. Prostate cancer in transgender women: what does a urologist need to know? BJU International 01.2022. http://doi.org/10.1111/bju.15521
- Hunnisett A, Victor D. Non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: the evolving treatment landscape and role of nurse specialists. Br J Nurs. 05.2022. http://doi.org/10.12968/bjon.2022.31.10.S4
- Riffel RM, Göbel A, Rachner TD. Bone Metastases: From Mechanisms to Treatment. Semin Oncol Nurs. 04.2022. http://doi.org/10.1016/j.soncn.2022.151277