This course gives an update in the field of urinary tract infection, with hands-on and applicable recommendations from Europe’s top experts. The 1st ESUN Course on Urinary Tract Infection was organised by the European School of Urology Nurses (ESUN) in Amsterdam, the Netherlands in May 2015.
The course is organised for experienced practising nurse specialists who treat patients with urinary tract infections and teaches other health care professionals to treat them. This course combines all the best features of an educational event – interaction, group work, latest updates and established evidence-based recommendations. We have invited renowned experts in the field, from a theoretical and practical point of view. They will be working with the course participants sharing today’s must-know information and leading the discussion on the most relevant clinical issues.
The number of participants is limited. Applicants have to fill out an online form and motivate their interest. Selection by the scientific committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The programme consists of the following modules:
Friday, 8 May
• Module 1. The aetiology of UTI
• Module 2. Microbiology and use of antibiotics
• Module 3. UTI in adults
• Module 4. UTI in people with indwelling and intermittent catheter
• Module 5. Group work – case
Saturday, 9 May
• Module 6. Prevention and treatment of UTI in adults
• Module 7. Treatment and prevention of UTI in catheter users and urostomy patients
• Module 8. How to educate caregivers to prevent UTI
• Module 9. How to educate patients to prevent UTI
• The programme ended with a group based test, including discussing a UTI prevention plan for one’s own clinic, evaluation
The course was accredited with 8 credit points in The Netherlands. Dutch participants automatically received the credit points. Other participants who would prefer a certificate which mentions the Dutch accreditation could indicate this at the course or send an email to the EAUN at email@example.com.
Click here for the programme book
This course was supported with an educational grant from WELLSPECT HEALTHCARE