The 5th ESUN Course on Urinary Tract Infection will be organised by the European School of Urology Nurses (ESUN) on 9 and 10 September 2022 in Prague, Czech Republic
This course gives an update in the field of urinary tract infection, with hands-on and applicable recommendations from Europe’s top experts. This course combines all the best features of an educational event – interaction, group work, latest updates and established evidence-based recommendations. We have invited renowned experts in the field, from a theoretical and practical point of view. They will be working with the course participants sharing today’s must-know information and leading the discussion on the most relevant clinical issues.
The course is organised for experienced practising nurse specialists who treat patients with urinary tract infections and teach other health care professionals how to treat them.
Application closed on 15 May
The number of participants is limited to 30, therefore the best candidates will be selected by means of an online application form reviewed by the organising committee. Selection by the organising committee will take place in May/June 2022, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The programme consists of the following modules:
Friday, 9 September
• Module 1. The aetiology of UTI
• Module 2. Microbiology and use of antibiotics – AB resistance
• Module 3. UTI in people with an indwelling catheter
• Module 4. UTI in people performing intermittent catheterisation
• Module 5. Group work – Assessment of UTI
Saturday, 10 September
• Module 6. Prevention and treatment of UTI in people with an indwelling catheter
• Module 7. Prevention of UTI in people performing CISC – the UTI risk model
• Module 8. How to educate patients to prevent UTI
• Module 9. Enhancing adherence to CAUTI guidelines
• The programme is concluded with continued group work, including a UTI prevention plan for one’s own clinic, evaluation
Aims and objectives
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- List the risk factors for urinary tract infection in men and women who are catheter users
- Describe the treatment of urinary tract infections in men and women who are catheters users
- Summarise the best ways to prevent urinary tract infections in adults who are catheter users and urostomy patients
- Give examples of how to educate caregivers and patients to prevent urinary tract infections
- Outline an educational plan for preventing urinary tract infection in your own clinic
Registration fee for the full course is €100 (excl. VAT) for EAUN members and €135 (excl. VAT) for non-EAUN members.
The EAUN covers your hotel arrangement for one night and reimburses your economy flight (max. 500 euro).
The EAUN will apply for accreditation for the 5th ESUN Course within the EU-ACME/CNE programme and the application will be reviewed by the EUAB-CNE (European Urology Accreditation Board – Continuing Nursing Education). The accreditation will be mentioned on the Certificate of Attendance that will be available for download after the course.
Application is closed
- We have 30 places available for applicants with appropriate experience, work environment and/or educational background.
- Application is closed, Applicants will be informed if their application was successful in May/June 2022.
For more information please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Susanne Vahr Lauridsen (DK) & Stefano Terzoni (IT)
The Organising Committee
This course is supported with an educational grant with no involvement in the programme or speakers. Acknowledgements