Difficult Case submission for the 21th International EAUN Meeting, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 21-23 March 2020, is open from 1 July 2019 until 1 December 2019.
Note: Difficult Cases are not restricted to solved cases. Also not solved Difficult Urological Nursing Cases are welcome.
Submission Criteria and Rules
Carefully note the submission rules and criteria, because submissions that do not comply with these rules and criteria will be rejected.
- The authors and presenter of this Difficult Case must be registered nurses
- The topic selected must be of relevance to urology nursing in difficult cases
- The case is illustrated with (numbered) photos of the problem and the solution, preferably 2–5 photos in high resolution (300 dpi at 100%)
- The solution described in this Difficult Case is your own solution and a nursing intervention
- When invited to present the Difficult case in Barcelona you will present the case using the EAUN Difficult Cases slides
Titles of the slides:
1. The problem, 2. Nursing intervention 3. Material used 4. The results
- The case is presented in a completed submission form.
- A written patient consent is submitted wherein approval is given for the photos and its unrestricted use and the reproduction of the cases for educational purposes.
- The copyright of photo and text material are transmitted to the EAUN
- A conflict of interest form will be filled out upon request of the EAUN
- The Difficult Cases can only be submitted by e-mail.
Send the completed Submission Form, Patient Consent Form and the photo material by e-mail to EAUN.
1 December 2018, 0.00 hours CET
The cases will be evaluated by an expert jury. Jury members are:
- Ronny Pieters, Ghent, Belgium (Urology Nurse)
- Eva Wallace, Dublin, Ireland (Urology Nurse)
- Helen Forristal, Ireland (Nurse practitioner in urology, sub-specialisation in uro-oncology)
- Steen Walter, Odense, Denmark (Professor in Urology)
- Françoise Picard, Bordeaux, France (Head Nurse Urology Department)
Free registration for the 20th International EAUN Meeting in Barcelona
Those who submitted the 10 best cases (as decided by the jury) will be granted a free registration for the 20th International EAUN Meeting in Barcelona.
Free EAUN membership
All submitters of Difficult Cases that meet the criteria and are not yet an EAUN member will be granted free membership of the European Association of Urology Nurses (EAUN) for one year.
Submitters that are invited to present in Barcelona will receive 4 standard slides in January 2019 with the following titles:
The problem, Nursing intervention, Material used, Results. All presenters are obliged to use these slides in their presentation in order to improve the comparability of the presentations and the cases for the attending participants.
The selected presenters will be invited to present their case in 10 minutes (including discussion) in the Special session “Nursing solutions in difficult Cases”.
To inspire and help you previously submitted cases can be viewed at the EAUN website.
Slides of the presenations of Difficult Cases at previous meeting are available via:
For more information
For more information please contact Ms. Hanneke Lurvink, Manager EAUN.