Important instructions for poster presentations
Please be aware that it’s mandatory that:
- The submitter prepares a poster of the abstract according to the instructions for posters when the abstract is selected for presentation.
Four prizes will be awarded, a First and a Second Prize for the Best Scientific Poster Presentations and a First and Second Prize for the Best Practice-development Poster Presentations of respectively €500 and €250. Prize winners have to be present at the award session on Monday (or send a representative) to accept their prize. If they are not present, the prize will be accepted on their behalf by a Scientific Committee member.
The format of a poster session
1. Poster viewing; presenter should remain near his/her poster (30 minutes)
2. Introduction by chairmen (4 minutes)
3. Presentations (6 minutes for presentation and 2 minutes for discussion per presenter)
A poster session is an interactive discussion. During the poster viewing, at the beginning of the session, groups gather at the various posters and move from one to the next, discussing their findings with the authors. This permits a one-to-one exchange of ideas. After the poster viewing, the poster presenters will give a short (6 minutes) presentation of their abstract using max. 6 slides (including title and Conflict of Interest slide) followed by an interactive discussion (2 minutes).
Date, time and place are listed in the programme book. You will be responsible for mounting your poster on the assigned poster board with the available push pins outside the session room 15 min. prior to the start of the session. An abstract presenter must attend the whole abstract session in which he/she is scheduled. The quality of the meeting is extremely dependent on the calibre of the presenters and their posters.
The EAUN Scientific Committee requests that you declare any relevant links to the industry in relation to your presentation or other conflicts of interests at the beginning of your presentation (in slide 2).
EAU Poster Builder Service
To ensure that the PDF file is of a high quality you can create your poster (from 21 January until 7 March 23.00 GMT +1) through the EAU online Poster Builder Service (price per poster €59 excl. 21% VAT). The PosterSessionOnline company will print your poster. This way you do not need to bring your poster to the congress venue!
IMPORTANT: if you choose not to use the EAU Poster Builder Service the EAU will not print a poster for you. You need to bring your own poster to the congress.
Creating a high quality poster
To make sure your poster is of high quality and meets all requirements please check the more detailed instructions below and the EAUN Poster Building Tools.
- DO make your poster in a LANDSCAPE (horizontal) format
- DO indicate at the top of your poster the abstract number, title of the presentation and its authors and institutions. The lettering for this sign should be at least 2.5 cm high
- DO make all illustrations beforehand. Keep illustrative material simple in using charts, graphs, drawings and pictures. Keep in mind that your illustrations must be read from a distance of about 1 – 1.5 m or more.
- DO NOT make your poster in a PORTRAIT (vertical) format
PDF of the poster
Your poster will be posted online and hand-outs will be printed for you. For this reason we need to receive a PDF file of your poster between 21 January and 12 February 2019.
Presenters should upload their poster and their slides through the EAU faculty website.
Poster presenters will give a short presentation of their abstract using max. 6 slides (including title and Conflict of Interest slide).There is no fixed structure for the slides. You are requested to download the EAUN19 slides from the EAU faculty website (“Compulsory PowerPoint Template” in menu on the right).
Presenters should upload their finished slides through the EAU faculty website between 21 January and 13 March 2019. This will enable the chairs to prepare for the session.
Questions may be directed to: email@example.com or s.debruin(at)uroweb.org