The 4th Course of the European School of Urology Nursing on Holistic prostate cancer care will take place on 14-15 September 2018 in Krakow, Poland.
Do you feel challenged by the psycho-oncological needs of your patients with prostate cancer and their partners? Learn how to screen, assess, plan and deliver holistic care for patients with prostate cancer and their partner. If you have minimum 2 years working experience in urology with a special interest in prostate cancer or you are planning to set up a specialised Prostate Cancer Service then this might be the right course for you.
The 4th ESUN Course in Krakow, 14-15 September 2018, combines all the best features of an educational event – interaction, group work, latest updates and established evidence-based recommendations. We have invited renowned experts in the field, from a theoretical and practical point of view, who will train you with the purpose to help you spread the latest insights in the field.
Registration is now open!
Application will close on 18 May 2018.
The number of participants is limited to 30, therefore the best candidates will be selected by means of an online application form reviewed by the organising committee. Selection by the organising committee will take place in May/June 2018, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Aims and objectives
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the pathology of prostate cancer
- Know about all the treatment options
- Describe shared decision making, role of the nurse and how to avoid regrets in treatment’s choice
- Know psychological factors influencing patients’ health-related quality of life
- Know the unmet needs of patient and partner
- Know the unmet needs of patients with metastatic prostate cancer.
- Be able to apply practice-oriented communication and know coping strategies related to prostate cancer
Registration fee for the full course is €100 (excl. VAT) for EAUN members and €135 (excl. VAT) for non-EAUN members.
The EAUN covers your hotel arrangement for one night and reimburses your economy flight (max. 500 euro).
The course is accredited with 8 points by the Accreditatiebureau Verpleegkundig Specialisten Register (Accrediting agency of the Specialist Nurses Register in The Netherlands) and the Accreditatiebureau Kwaliteitsregister V&V en Register Zorgprofessionals (also in the Netherlands).
How to apply
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com before 14 May 2018 to receive an application form.
- Fill out the application form carefully and complete.
- The application deadline is 18 May 2018.
- We have 30 places available for applicants with appropriate experience, work environment and/or educational background.
- You will be informed if your application was successful in May/June 2018.
For more information please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Corinne Tillier (NL), Franziska Geese (CH), Paula Allchorne (UK)
The Organising Committee