The European Association of Urology is a scientific urological association with currently well over 14,000 members. Members are medical professionals working in the urological field or related medical specialties. As an organization, the EAU offer an extensive package of scientific products and services to science, education and research to their members. The logistics related to these activities are concentrated in Arnhem, The Netherlands. The EAU provides all kinds of education for urologists, via the European School of Urology (ESU) e.g. by organising courses in different countries but also online through her Online Education department. This department consists of two Project Managers and one Project Assistant.
Because of the expansion of her online educational activities the EAU is in search for a:
Project Manager Online Education m/v
32-40 hrs a week
The Project Manager Online Education is responsible for developing and implementing projects regarding online education, to provide high-quality Continuing Medical Education to urologists across Europe. The Project Manager has an in-depth understanding of e-learning processes and is expected to take initiative and apply the current trends in the field of online education. The Project Manager is able to contribute to the content development of EAU’s e-learning projects for the European School of Urology (ESU) and, in partnership with stakeholders from industry, for Education & Innovation. The Project Manager also recognizes opportunities to develop and implement new educational projects and tools. In all projects the Project Manager ensures compliance with scientific integrity, educational value, strategic communication and stakeholders interests.
- Responsible for educational projects (online) from conception to completion, including:
- Initiating ideas for new educational projects
- Establishing project budget, timelines and communication strategy
- Writing detailed project proposals
- Negotiating with external companies regarding funding and/or course development
- Liaising with faculty and internal or external project team members
- Communication with all stakeholders
- Results measurement and evaluation of a project
- Maintenance of online courses and the learning management system
- Support of online learners and of faculty deploying blended learning activities
- Analysis and evaluation of online education programs
- Gathering information on trends and developments in online education and in CME
- Presenting project plans, progress reports and evaluations to EAU boards/committees
- Linking different EAU online projects in the field of e-learning
Job characteristics & requirements
- HBO/WO (college diploma or university degree) level of education in Educational Science
- Experience in medical and life science education with experience in (online) education
and/or at least 3 years of experience in a similar position
- 3-5 Years of experience in an (online) adult students educational environment
- In-depth understanding of course design and recognized e-learning standards
- Familiarity with CME, accreditation and/or scientific publication standards
- Familiarity with IT processes regarding e-learning: authoring tools and learning management
- Affinity with medical science, in particular urology
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with project acquisition and research (feasibility)
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English, including instructional, facilitation and
- Proficiency in MS Office applications especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Preferably experience with Lectora
- Teamplayer that understands stakeholder’s interests
- Analytical thinking, convincing ability, accuracy, quality and result orientated, helicopterview
and drive are some of the main competences for this position
- You live near Arnhem (max. 60 km), The Netherlands
Terms of employment
Within the organization, ample opportunities exist for personal and professional growth. For this very interesting position in an informal and international working environment, a year contract with an attractive salary package including 80% employer pension contribution and collective insurance is offered.
For more information please contact Drs. Maurice Schlief, Executive Manager Business Affairs, T 026 3890680. Please mail your letter of application and CV to hrm(at)uroweb.org attn. Sanne Gerritsen, Manager Human Resources, best before 6 February 2015.
Please note that the EAU has no interest in recruiting via an agency.